This bowl makes a great lunch or light dinner, especially when the weather is warm and you want to feel cool. To change it up, try different veggies for the toppings, different herbs in the dressing, or adding tofu, chicken, or shrimp.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- anchovy paste
- chopped fresh mint
- clove garlic
- coarsely chopped chives
- fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh tarragon leaves
- julienned or shredded carrots
- julienned radishes
- Pepper to taste
- Plain yogurt
- raw cashews or sliced almonds
- Salt to taste
- shelled edamame
- thinly shredded green cabbage
- thinly shredded red cabbage
- In a medium saucepan, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside, uncovered, to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in the jar of a blender or the bowl of a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, chives, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, garlic, and anchovy paste, if using, and pulse to puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine the green and red cabbage. Arrange the quinoa in bowls and top with the cabbage mixture, edamame, carrots, radishes, cashews, and mint. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.