Prepared best in a large nonstick skillet, this pasta dish comes together in minutes and is equally at home when served for weeknight dinners or special-occasion gatherings.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Dinner
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt , (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and shrimp. Stir continuously until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in heavy cream and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Add shrimp back to pan and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.