Cocoa with steak? Yes! Cocoa actually enhances the meaty flavor, as does the pepper. (But then, you already knew that about black pepperâ€¦) Serve this and ask guests to try to figure out your secret ingredient.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- Bacon Butter:
- Bone-in New York strip steaks
- brown sugar
- coarse ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- minced shallots
- Smoked Paprika
- unsalted butter
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- For the bacon butter, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, turning once or twice, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool then finely chop. Place bacon in a bowl and add the shallots, softened butter and salt
- For the steaks, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, black pepper, garlic powder smoked paprika and salt in a bowl
- Melt the butter in a 5-quart sautÃ© over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook, until nicely browned and cooked to medium-rare, 5-6 minutes per side or until your desired doneness. Serve topped with bacon butter.