Zabaglione is a light, foamy, custard-like dessert served hot or chilled, depending on preference. Top-off with marinated strawberries and chocolate shavings for a delicious presentation.
- Course: Dessert
- Egg yolks
- Fresh Strawberries
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Sweet Marsala wine
- Whipping cream
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of the Marsala wine, the sugar and the strawberries. Mix well and then let marinate for at least half an hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cream and chocolate over low heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a double-boiler, whip the egg yolks and sugar to a creamy consistency, beating well with a whisk for about 4-6 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the egg mixture or you will make sweet scrambled eggs. Remove from heat and add the remaining Marsala wine.
- Bring the pan back over the heat and continue to whisk until the egg mixture almost doubles in size, 3-5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat. Add the melted chocolate cream to the egg mixture and continue to whip it with the whisk.
- Divide the marinated strawberries amongst 6-8 serving bowls then fill with the chocolate zabaglione. Decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate, or chocolate jimmies.