Comfort food at its finest! Traditional chicken and dumplings are dressed up with fresh mushrooms, thyme and sugar snap peas.
- Course: Soup
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Chicken Broth
- chopped fresh thyme
- coarsely chopped assorted fresh mushrooms
- cut-up cooked chicken
- For the Chicken
- For the Thyme-Dumpling Mix:
- olive oil
- sliced sugar snap peas
- To make the Thyme-Dumpling Mix: Cut butter into flour, baking powder, thyme and salt with pastry blender or criss-crossing two knives, until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots and onion
- Melt butter in same Dutch oven
- Stir milk into prepared dumpling mix