Whether for Easter or just a happy Wednesday, these potatoes are a great side for ham, chicken or beef.
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- bacon bits
- cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
- Russet potatotes
- Salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes and slice as thin as possible, about 1/4 to 1/8.
- Cook in microwave until just soft, about 2 minutes per potato.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan, add 1/2 cup of chopped onion, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, add two spoonfuls flour. Stir
- Add one cup milk. Stir constantly until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Layer potatoes, cheddar cheese and bacon bits until pan is full.
- Pour sauce over potato layers and cook for 20 minutes at 450Â°F or until all potatoes are soft, in an oven safe pan.