Classic grilled cheese meets the classic Italian antipasto for a new delizioso take on a beloved family-favorite recipe.
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Lunch
- balsamic vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Sandwich:
- For the Tomato Salad Topping
- Fresh basil
- fresh mozzarella
- large round loaf rustic bread
- large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- For the Tomato Salad Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to marinate a few minutes while sandwich is cooking.
- For the Sandwich heat a nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat. Evenly coat pan with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil on one side of all 4 slices of bread. Layer mozzarella rounds in an even layer on two of the slices. Top with the other two slices of bread oil side down.
- Place on griddle and cook until sandwich is golden brown on bottom, about 2-4 minutes. Carefully flip sandwich and cook on other side until golden brown and cheese is melted through.
- Remove from heat and cut into bruschetta slices. Top each piece with tomato salad and serve with extra tomato on the side.