Originally created as a means of using up stale bread, Bread and Butter Pudding is now a treasured rich and decadent comfort food. In this recipe, we â€œcreateâ€ stale bread by toasting it in the oven.
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread Loaf
- Egg yolks
- Golden Raisins
- heavy cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200Â°F. Butter a 9â€ x9â€ baking pan.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until bread dries slightly
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, yolks, 2/3 cup sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Butter both sides of bread slices then line bottom of pan with 1/3 of the slices, trimming to fit if necessary. Sprinkle bread with 3 tablespoons raisins then make another layer with 1/3 of the bread slices. Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons raisins. Top with remaining bread slices. Pour milk mixture over bread
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake until set and lightly browned, 33-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.