Quick flatbread and tasty chicken make this a keeper.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- For the flatbread: add yeast to 1/2 cup warm water, stir, and then set aside.
- In a large plastic bag combine flour, salt, and sugar. Give it a good shake. Add 1 beaten egg, water/yeast mixture and beer. Shake to combine. Prop bag in a bowl, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- To cook, cut one corner of the bag and squeeze out the batter like a pancake onto a hot griddle or large frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges appear to be done, then flip carefully. Allow to cook for 1 minute more, or until done. Remove and set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl combine: the avocadoes, soy sauce, onion powder, flour, and lime juice. Mash and stir until even.
- Flatten a chicken tenderloin or half a chicken breast to about 1/4 inch by placing it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and hammering with a meat pounder.
- Remove plastic, add salt and pepper and cover with a thin layer of avocado mixture. Heat a frying pan with a small amount of olive or sesame oil and lay the chicken in it, avocado side down. Cover top side with avocado mixture. Cook until the chicken edges turn white, about 1 1/2 minutes and then in one quick motion, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or until done.
- Spread one side of flat bread with remaining avocado mixture; add cooked chicken, tomato slices, and a sprinkle of lime juice. Fold over bread, slice in half and enjoy. Serve hot.