These are an American take on an Asian favorite. The peanut sauce is a must-make, must-have, must-use.
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Cut meat into equal cubes about 1-inch thick.
- In a big bowl combine 1/2 can coconut milk, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, curry powder, and ground coriander (grind in a mortar and pestle if necessary.) Stir until blended.
- Marinate meat in above concoction for 2-3 hours. Remove and put on skewers.
- Grill skewers for 2 minutes per side or until done.
- For the peanut sauce:
In a small pan, combine remaining 1/2 can coconut milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, peanut butter, fish sauce, Thai red curry paste and tamarind paste (optional).
- Heat over medium heat until combined and peanut butter is dissolved. Serve over kabobs.
The peanut sauce is also good with chicken or shrimp.