"A Middle Eastern fresh herb salad with vegetables and toasted pita bread is the setting for some spiced lamb kebabs, Sumac can be purchased from specialty delicatessens and gourmet stores. Serve drizzled with a fresh yogurt and goat cheese dressing."
- 1 1/2 pound lamb filet or loin cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pita bread
- 1 cup each arugula, parsley and mint torn
- 12 kalamata olives chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber (or 1/2 English) chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon sumac optional
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons goat or sheep feta
- 1 clove garlic
- Place the lamb in a zip lock bag with the oil, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and massage well to cover all the meat. Set aside.
- Grill or bake the pita bread until golden and crisp, cool and break into pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the remaining salad ingredients and set aside.
- Thread the lamb onto skewers and grill until cooked as desired.
- Just before serving, whisk or blend the dressing ingredients together, add the bread to the salad and toss with half the dressing. Place in bowls or large cups. Top with the skewers and drizzle with the remaining dressing.