Breaded golden turkey cutlets are topped with the crunch and bite of an arugula tomato salad.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 4 (5-6 ounce) turkey cutlets pounded to scant 1/4-inch thickness
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 +1/8 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large bunch arugula trimmed, washed and spun dry
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Course: Dinner
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Season the turkey with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Working one at a time, dip the cutlets first into the flour, shaking off the excess, then in the beaten eggs, again shaking off the excess, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a 14-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the cutlets and cook until golden and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Combine the arugula and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss well.
- Divide the cutlets among 4 plates. Top with the salad and serve immediately.