Like its Mediterranean cousin pasta alla puttanesca, this aromatic seafood dish is healthy, easy to prepare and delicious.
- Sprinkle the tuna with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the garlic, anchovy paste, tomato, lemon juice, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium high. Sear it 2 minutes per side, or until cooked almost to desired degree of doneness (it will cook a little more as it sits).
- Remove the tuna from the skillet and add the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until the garlic is no longer raw and the tomato is heated through. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve each tuna steak with one-fourth of the puttanesca topping.