Chicken Parmesan doesn’t need to be complicated. This easy version takes just minutes, has only 180 calories and tastes great. Sometimes it’s good to be complicated, sometimes it’s better to be simple. I was reading a very complicated chicken parmesan recipe and thought, “There has to be a better way,” and, of course, there was. Enjoy the taste, and the lack of calories.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise. Lay each half between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat pounder or rubber mallet until it is about 1/4” thick.
- Remove top sheet of plastic and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg with a fork and pour into shallow bowl.
- In another bowl put 2 handfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Heat non-stick skillet over high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Once pan is hot, take flattened chicken, dip both sides in egg, then both sides in the parmesan cheese, and then place in pan making sure some cheese stays on top of the chicken. Repeat for other piece.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until edges start to turn white, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place some warmed pasta sauce on a plate and place cooked chicken right on top of sauce.
- Serve hot.