Dill, lemon and capers make a refreshing combination for pasta salad.
- 12 ounces penne rigate or farfalle pasta uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon caper liquid
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 large stalks celery
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives or medium pitted ripe olives cut into halves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta (optional garnish)
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Course: Lunch
- Cook pasta as package directs. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl: lemon juice, olive oil, capers plus liquid, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Stir well; let stand 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add pasta, celery, onion, spinach and olives; toss to coat. Garnish with cheese, if desired.
Note: Pasta may be made up to three days in advance. Keep refrigerated in a tightly covered bowl or sealed plastic bag. When ready to serve, toss with dressing and remaining ingredients.