Zabaglione is a light, foamy, custard-like dessert served hot or chilled, depending on preference. Top-off with marinated strawberries and chocolate shavings for a delicious presentation.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of the Marsala wine, the sugar and the strawberries. Mix well and then let marinate for at least half an hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cream and chocolate over low heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a double-boiler, whip the egg yolks and sugar to a creamy consistency, beating well with a whisk for about 4-6 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the egg mixture or you will make sweet scrambled eggs. Remove from heat and add the remaining Marsala wine.
- Bring the pan back over the heat and continue to whisk until the egg mixture almost doubles in size, 3-5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat. Add the melted chocolate cream to the egg mixture and continue to whip it with the whisk.
- Divide the marinated strawberries amongst 6-8 serving bowls then fill with the chocolate zabaglione. Decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate, or chocolate jimmies.
Recipe courtesy of Nick Stellino. Watch for his new cookbook and Public Television series: “Nick Stellino Cooking with Friends”. www.nickstellino.com