Red Quinoa with Peaches and Almonds has a wonderful mélange of flavors, textures, and a hidden asset: protein!
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Toast almonds in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant and golden brown.
- In a saucepan, toast the quinoa for 30 seconds.
- Pour in one cup water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat, cover, and cook for 18 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, mince the shallot.
- Sauté shallot on medium-high heat until soft.
- Add shallots to cooked quinoa.
- Drizzle in olive oil, Champagne vinegar and fluff quinoa mixture with a spoon.
- Toss in the toasted almonds.
- Slice the peach and add to quinoa.
- Thinly slice the mint and toss everything together.
Companion recipe to West Coast Red Quinoa video