Individual frittatas filled with bacon, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and savory seasoning may be served warm or at room temperature. They are great for brunch for a crowd, buffet gatherings, and luncheons.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 10 large eggs lightly beaten
- Course: Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and reserve. Add the oil to the skillet and heat. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 9-10 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and cook until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, reserved bacon, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and divide evenly among a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan. Top each cup with the cheese and parsley. Pour the beaten eggs into the cups to fill them about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in the center of the oven until puffed and lightly browned, 19-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tips & Techniques
Individual frittatas are perfect for brunch and buffet parties—as well as lunch. They may be made ahead and served at room temperature.