"Moist and tender pan roasted chicken is topped with a rich red relish made with plums and red wine. A simple dish to make that looks absolutely stunning, and works well with some green beans, asparagus, or just a simple salad. "
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- For the Relish:
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plums diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shiraz or other medium or full-bodied dry red wine
- To make relish, cook the onion in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Add the sugar and plums and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 -15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Brush the chicken with oil and grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side and golden brown.
- Transfer to a moderate (350°F) oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through but still plump and moist. To test, pierce with a sharp knife and the juices should run clear.
- Slice the chicken thickly and spoon over the relish.