This is a short cut—but no less tasty—version of the beloved Thai restaurant favorite.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally until set, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat 1 tablespoon of the oil; add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes, and transfer to the bowl with the eggs.
- Return skillet to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in the garlic and cook 45 seconds or until just starting to brown. Stir in the noodles and reserved chicken and egg mixture and cook until hot, 1-2 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and cook, tossing, 1 minute. Stir in the green onions and remove from the heat.
- Divide among 4 plates and garnish each with 1/4 cup bean sprouts and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges if desired.