Pots and Pans Goes Green
Going Green at Meyer
Everyone talks about trying to reduce their impact on the environment. Here at Meyer Corporation, U.S., the home of PotsandPans.com, we are trying to do something about it.
“Go Green” Initiatives by Meyer Corporation, U.S.
Meyer’s Green Team works to implement programs that meet the goals of our Green Vision Statement, namely to protect the environment through conservation, recycling, and the use of alternative energy solutions. Green types of energy, like solar and wind power, do not contribute to climate change, and Meyer Corporation, U.S., uses these and other new technologies to institute innovative, environmentally-friendly practices and policies in the workplace.
Key initiatives include the following:
- 30,000 tons of recycled asphalt pavement and recycled steel used in the construction of our new land-saving vertical plan warehouse facility in California, known as the DC, or Distribution Center
- Solar energy in all California facilities
- Product packaging reduced
- Recycling initiatives in place for paper, shrink wrap, plastic and cardboard
- Motion sensor lighting
- Filtered waste water reused
- Eco friendly cleaning products
- Energy-efficient HVAC units equipped with control systems
- Consumer products, such as returned cookware, recycled
- Low voltage desktop computers
- Electronic resume review process
- Battery-operated forklifts in warehouse operations to eliminate propane use
- Automated shrink wrapping machines in the Distribution Center to reduce the amount of shrink film needed to wrap each pallet. Consumption of stretch film reduced by 33%.
In these ways, Meyer U.S. is reducing its immediate impact on the environment of its Northern California operations base in the San Francisco Bay Area, and on the planet as a whole.
With these efforts to mitigate the impact of our business operations, we are “Going Green at Meyer” every day.